Wednesday, May 11, 2011

blubbering

Today I had to say good-bye to a very dear and loverly friend of mine. It's not a forever good-bye, but it's a good bye till I see you when I see you. And it makes me sad. Because the see you when I see you is going to be forever away.

I don't really like good-byes, though I'm not sure who does. But because I have been saying good-bye to sweet family and friends for what seems like my whole life, a little bye here and there doesn't really seem to phase me. We will move and the friends I'm leaving will cry. I will want to. I will try to. But tears don't come. In fact I never cry. Well, that's not really true. I cry when I'm chopping up an onion (when I'm not wearing my contacts). And I was blubbering like a little fool the other day as I watched "Dear John". Oh. Good. Gracious. I do not know what got into me. I do not blubber. Especially over movies. But my goodness. All I can think to say is that it was just a really sweet movie, so much so that I was a big pile of mush and bubbles. It's true.

I feel bad when I'm in real live situations and I just can't make myself cry, even though I really am sad. We were leaving our wonderful home in Texas and as I was saying good-bye to some of my sweet friends they would start to cry, and I felt bad because I couldn't join in with them. Even though I was sad.

But today, was a sad day and when I came home from saying bye to my loverly friend my sweet puppy just laid right next to me and let me be sad. What a sweetie.

Anyhow. That's enough of that sad sappy stuff. Smiles are better. Way better. As is laughter. And that is why I watched "Tangled". Hi-larious. Anyhow. I hope you are having a happy Wednesday!

 

0 comment(s):