Friday, June 15, 2012

snow, snow, snow...

So, woops. I meant to post yesterday. I guess I got a little bit busy with my wide open schedule! :)
Anyhow. This is the day we went to Mt. Rainier (and Rainbow Falls). Well, we stopped in Astoria, OR for the night and in the morning were able to see a great view of the bridge. We love bridges and dams in our house. We stop to see them all the time (you know, since the hubs is a civil engineer and because he mostly works on water stuff). 

The Bridge. It was a very long bridge. I'm sure you you live in the area you will know the name of the bridge. I want to say it's the Colombian, but I don't really remember so don't take my word for it!

On our way to Mt. Rainier we saw a little sign that said "Rainbow Falls." We thought it would be the perfect place to stop and eat our lunch (left overs from the night before- did I mention that pizza was the best one I have ever eaten? It's true. And it was pretty much just as amazing left over for lunch :) 
Anyhow. The "Falls" part was a big fat lie. Because if you look at the little picture from above you will be able to see just how much of a fall it was. I'd classify it more as a baby rapid. One that even I would be willing to ride over. Not a Waterfall. But, we still enjoyed eating our lunch and being outside for a little bit. 

Then we saw a dam. Wow! It was pretty cool. I won't bore you will all of the pictures. Just a few :)

hubs and his Dam. he's so cute. 

We saw a bear, so naturally I wanted to take a picture of it. Hubs said he thought the bear looked friendly enough for me to get in the picture with him :) 
... Though I can saw we did see a real live bear! It was pretty cool! Sadly I wasn't quick enough with the camera, so you will have to take my word for it. I don't lie, so you should have no problem believing me. 

a fun adventure :) I hadn't been here since I was a little girl. It was fun going back with the hubs. 

the dried up river bed. I kept thinking a huge gush of water would come and sweep me away, it didn't :)


we found a nice little bridge and went exploring. 
 
while we were exploring I hugged a nice tree :)

on the bridge. Like how I give such great captions? You never could have guess that probably? Well, maybe you would have been able to since you can't really see the water below, but I digress... 

Sadly, I don't remember the name of this waterfall. I want to say rainbow, but I just don't know. I do remember standing by this waterfall as a little girl with my sister. I always liked the picture.  


on the mountain and seeing some snow! 

eating some snow. don't worry. it wasn't yellow. and I didn't really eat it.

pretty, pretty! 

hubs waving from the car. Look at all the snow!

It was a little blizzard up there that afternoon! It was soooo wonderful! Forget that six layers of clothing were hardly keeping me warm, it was very fun and very beautiful. 

and the snow. You might like to know that, on average, Mt. Rainier gets about 50 feet of snow with the most being 100 feet of snow. Crazy! Fun fun! 

we ate dinner at a sweet little restaurant on the mountain, at Paradise :) True story. We were at Paradise and had dinner at Paradise Inn. I can see why they named it that. 

I like him. ...did I mention it was a fancy restaurant? They had white tablecloths and everything. 

my delicious dinner of wild mushroom soup! 

and some steak something or rother for the hubs :) Both were gobbled up very quickly!


we even got to see some pretty dear on our way out! 

Anyhow. I hope you all have a lovely Friday! I am going to get started on some dinner. 



0 comment(s):