Monday, June 11, 2012

adventures

Last week The Hubs and I were on an adventure :) tis true. We went to visit the great Northwest. While we were out there I accomplished something I have never done before. I filled up a memory card. It was completely empty and I ended up having to delete some pictures to make room for a few more.

Anyhow. Our adventure started when we flew into Portland, OR on Friday night to see my older brother. We hung out at his house for the weekend, got to visit him and his family, and one of my dear sweet friends from my college days in Idaho.

On Saturday morning my brother dropped us off in downtown Portland where we had a yummy breakfast, ever had a baked pancake before? (Heaven in a cake, I tell you. It was light and fluffy and not too dense. Ah-mazing, that's what). I meant to take a picture but I was a little occupied eating the deliciousness that was before me. Anyhow. After breakfast we went wandering around Portland. Just him. Just me. Just us. It was lovely.


we walked all around... 

and went to the Saturday Market. 

just some of Portland for ya. 

we stumbled along this little place. The line was about two miles long when we first saw it, I kid you not. Then we passed it again and it was pretty much just as long. So naturally we stood in line for five hours to see what all the fuss was about. Turns out, they have been on the television before, a few times. 

I tried the toasted coconut doughnut. It was really very delicious :) The Hubs got the blueberry cake doughnut, he said it was scrumptious. 

hangin' out. 

I got to see one of my dearest friends from college. She lives in the Portland area now with her hubby. They came out and we got to enjoy some yummy dinner together and hang out for a while. I like her. Shame we live on opposite sides of the country. 

Sunset outside my brother's house. purddy, no? 

Anyhow. That was day one. Pretty much, every day was equally full of adventures. After I share about them all you can try and guess which day was my favorite :) mmmk?! 

alrighty, then. Have a happy Monday! 



0 comment(s):