Friday, June 22, 2012

the murdered book birdhouse

Five years later ... I have finally gotten around to sharing those birdhouse pictures with you. Remember when I told you I killed a book? And how awful and terrible I felt. The poor little unassuming dictionary that was still perfectly wonderful.... 

Well, I ripped it up. And I folded its pages. To make a little birdhouse.

see?

It really is a very simple craft, if you're into murdering books that is. 

I didn't take pictures of the process because I didn't really know the people I was doing the craft with and I thought that it might be a little strange to take photos.

If you want to kill a book and make a birdhouse out of it this is what you do:

1. Find a book [preferably a really old book or a really cheesy book that you know you or anyone else for that matter will never read. Yard sales have a lot of books for cheap and a lot of the time the books are really cheesy ones. So that might be a good place to look if you want to keep all of your beloved books.]

2. Rip it up. You need 200 pages. No more. No less. 

3. Once you have your 200 pages, take the first page and fold it length-wise in half [hot dog way]. Then take the top of the already folded page and fold it down [it will make a little triangle].

4. You are on to your second page. The second page you will rip the page half way up the spine of the book. Then  you fold it over on top of your previous page. 

5. Repeat these two steps in this order for the remaining 198 pages of your book. 

6. Fluff open. Clothes pins will help keep it open at first. 

7. Decorate. 

8. Display. 

And there you have it. If you do decide to make it and have any questions let me know. But hopefully the photo-less instructions will be of some help to you should you try to take on this craft. 

Really, it's a very simple craft. 

Anyhow. That's all I've got for today. I hope you all have a loverly Friday!!




0 comment(s):