Thursday, June 21, 2012

deep thinking

Here's a question for you. What do you do with your old planners/calenders? Do you keep them? Throw them away? Let little children scribble all over the pages?

I was just wondering. I never really know what to do. I mean. I feel like I put so much into my little planner that to just throw it away would be like throwing a year of my life away (even though I know it's not). Maybe too I get some satisfaction from going back a while later and flipping through the pages of those planners. But obviously, to keep every planner ever used would be a lot. I don't know. It's just something I ponder on more frequently than I probably ought to. I just like planners. new ones. used ones. half used ones. There is something happy about them. I like to make little lists and check things off (though I must say this summer I have not been getting my of my list done, it's a sad story especially since I really do have nothing going on in my life right now).

One thing has been on my list for far too long now. All I have to do is call a store and ask them to mail me a receipt or something like that for an eyeglass purchase so I can send it into my insurance company. I haven't done it yet. I have all of the other papers. But not that one. And even though I have nothing to do all day, I still don't call and ask for that one little thing.

That and I'm supposed to call to see about out windows getting fixed. You can't see out of our living room windows. They've been al foggy since before we moved into the house. And even though we got a credit for it, we put that money to other things, like the house. Now that it's summer and the Hubs and I both have jobs we think we should fix our windows so we can actually enjoy the view. It's my job to call. But I don't. Lazy? Yeh. You could probably say that.

Though I will tell you, had I 500 things on my list I would have taken care of the window call forever ago. Why is it that the less you have to do the less productive you are and the more you have to do the more productive you are? Sure I know that if you have a lot to do, you have to do it. But, why is it that when there is nothing to do you can't pick up the phone and make one tiny little phone call? Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me?

And those are my thoughts for today :) I'm a deep thinker, huh?

Have a happy Thursday!


0 comment(s):