Friday, July 23, 2010

...life is like...

I have recently discovered that my life is a lot like my shopping. I pick things up, look at them, then I put them back. I pick something else up and examine it more closely than the first item. Normally I end up putting it all back on the shelf. But, you probably know that by now... and I don't like listening to the same story over and over and over. So I will spare you.

Just the other day the hubs pointed out the similarity between these two things. My life and my shopping style. He also examined his. His shopping experience is also a lot like his life. He goes into the store knowing what he wants to get, and he gets it. He doesn't pick things up and stand helplessly on the cereal isle for two hours (... at least I'm not standing there for three hours...) fighting in his brain about which box of cereal to get. No. Not him. He just looks at all the happy boxes colorful boxes, picks one up and moves on the the next isle. Amazing! I wish I could do that. But I can't. So I don't. Anyway... as I was saying, his life has proven to be much of the same style. He knew where he wanted to go to school, what he wanted to study, and what he wanted to be when he grew up. And he did it all... and stuck with it.

I of course... did not. I tried a several different schools, a hundred different majors, and I am only just now thinking I might possibly hopefully know what I really want to be when I grow up. o. my. If only I knew what kind of cereal I wanted.

There's my little analogy. I like how the hubs said it, "Peach, Your life is just like your shopping!" And I knew exactly what he meant.

Also. Hubs has started calling me 'Peach.' ...I wonder if it's because they (peaches) are the only thing I will buy at the farmers market and also the only thing I will eat. Really, peaches are the only thing I have been eating these days. They are just so peachy and wonderful! Plus, 'Peach' is more endearing and sweet than 'Pluot' is. 'Pluot' just sounds... odd, to call a person that is, not a fruit. Unless the person is being a complete fruity pants in which case you might want to call them, "pluot" and a combination of other fruits.

Anyhow. I am a grocery store called Peach. Welcome, for the reals this time, to my life.

2 comment(s):

Brent said...

don't worry Hannah, i'm the same way. And even our spouses are similar in that Kelsey always has known what she wanted to be. Frustrating :)

Hannah said...

thanks. It's comforting to know I'm not the only one. and isn't it?! frustrating, that is? good gracious!