Wednesday, May 9, 2012

lovely day

Today the freshman class went on a little outing, to a Bats baseball game. I was going as a chaperone. At first I was a little apprehensive. Lots of kids to watch, not in a classroom. But then we herded the kids into the busses and went on our way. 

It was a wonderful trip. Nothing eventful happened (which is exactly what we were hoping for) and all of the kids returned to school with us that afternoon (at least I think they did :). The weather was perfect. The kind of weather that makes you want to sit outside all day long. Which we did. Weather with bright blue skies and white puffy clouds. Sunshine shinning on me with a little breeze tiptoeing around the whole time. I sat and chatted with two of my teacher friends about the students (and yelling at them to keep their little hands and faces to themselves), cakes, boxes of muffins, summer time, and more. It was really quite lovely. Quite enjoyable. So much so that I did not want to leave. Which is really saying something, because I do not enjoy baseball games. I think it was just a little blessing of the most perfect weather and company one could be given. 

I wish I could do it again tomorrow... 

But for now, I'm going to cut up lots of Plunder Points so I can make sure all my kiddos pass this here class of mine (plunder points gives them the opportunity to give them back to me in two days for extra points on their grade :) ... just helping them out however I can.  


cheers. 


0 comment(s):