Saturday, December 18, 2010

Christmas Shopping

With Christmas comes the joy of giving presents. Lots of them. And with presents come shopping. Lots of it. Kind of. Most years I start shopping after Thanksgiving, and when I start shopping I really only look around and think about what I should get the Mumsy and Papa and sisters and hubs. But that's all I do. Look. And think a little bit. But I usually never buy anything. Until it's really almost Christmas and I realize I only have a week left to get the stuffs I need.

Not this year. I am pleased to say that this year I managed to get all of the presents in one single day ... before Thanksgiving. yep. I know. It's a record. I even wrapped and mailed some of them off too. The reason I was so motivated to get this all done before Thanksgiving was because I knew that after Thanksgiving I wouldn't be able to get anything, well, unless I wanted to get everything from one store (that didn't have everything I wanted to get for everyone) and pack it in an already quite cramped car. I didn't want to have to think of ways to creatively pack our car for the trip home so I decided the best way to do it would be to shop and buy everything before hand. So I did.

Now all I have to do is wrap the pretty packages and stack them under my tree, and then I'll get to admire them for a whole day. Yep. One whole day of admiring. I usually like to admire the twinkling tree and the pretty packages underneath it, but I don't get to do that this year. Sad. But, true. And it's fine. I've come to terms with it. I will just wake up super early in the morning, wrap up the gifts and sit in front of the tree all day long. That way I will get maximum enjoyment from it. ... and hopefully the pup won't eat all of the pretty packages.

I'm sure he won't. He doesn't like to chew on anything. not.

Have I mentioned how excited I am for Christmas? I just love it! Not only because it's so pretty with twinkling lights and pretty trees and packages, but because you get to see family and eat lots of yummy foods and really enjoy being together. But most importantly it's perfect to remember what Christmas is all about. Yes yes. I'm thankful we have Christmas.

0 comment(s):