Friday, October 15, 2010

the post line

Today I went to the post office. Finally. I was supposed to go about a month ago, and even though it is only ten steps away from our front door, it still took me forever to get over there. O my. That is really quite pathetic. Really. I think part of the reason is maybe because I've just been being so lazy lately that I want to do nothing but stay home. eh. well. I went today. finally.

I had to mail a few parcels. On my way to the post office I stopped to pick something up that I was going to mail. And get an envelope. Well, the shop I went to didn't have the envelope I wanted, so I didn't get one. And I left. Thankfully I remember the other reason I was at the store. At the post office I was greeted by a super long line. won-der-ful. Now, I know sometimes the post office will have a super long line (like 20 people) or there will only be 3 people and that's really busy (to some of us). Most of the time when I go to my post office it is not busy. That means, there are rarely more than three other people there when I am. However, I have not been to the post office on a Friday afternoon. No. And here is my mental note to myself: "Do not go to the post office on a Friday afternoon. Just don't." I say that because... there were about 50 people in line. holy cow! It was pretty ridiculous. So, I cut the line. To get an envelope. After addressing my envelope I walked past 58 people and took my spot in line. When I was about three people from the counter and it being my turn, I realized something. I didn't fill out the customs forms. well, shoot. I debated getting out of line to grab two of them, but for some reason I decided that I didn't want to lose my spot and have to go to the back of the line, again, and wait for 69 people to go in front of me. No. I was not. So I didn't.

When it was my turn I walked up to the counter and said, "um, ya, about those customs forms... I just didn't want to loose my spot in line. Sorry." I think the post man was a little bit annoyed with me for not having them already filled out, but eh, oh well. What can ya do? So, I stood at the counter and filled out my customs forms. sheesh. I felt really terrible too. The other post lady at the next counter helped three people before I was finished. I really did feel bad, but not bad enough to get out of line and wait another hour and a half for it to be my turn. No. I was going to make the other people wait. Maybe that's a bad thing. I don't know. But, it's what I did. so, eh. O well. take that, people waiting in line... and sorry post man. I do still kind of feel a little bit bad. But not really. just a little. but obviously some since I keep thinking about it.

eh... life goes on. and I got my parcels mailed :) that is really a wonderful thing. because it means I was being productive.

1 comment(s):

Anonymous said...

hmmmmmm