Friday, February 22, 2013

Thoughts for Friday

A few things for this Friday...

 - Yesterday was Emerson's happy one month birthday. I have a picture or two, but due to a minor technical difficulty it will have to wait for another day (hopefully tomorrow!).  It is hard to believe our little Gooseberry has been in our lives for a whole month now. My, oh, my, what a month it has been; full of smiles, cuddles, love, learning, tears (not just from Emerson), pain, very little sleep, accepting help from lots of friends and family, naps, lazy days, sleepless nights, and completely different from anything I have ever known... But wonderful in every single way.

- Today Emerson and I went out on an adventure all on our own; we went to the mall! I know, we are crazy adventurous. It might not sound like that big of a deal, but it is. I drove to the mall by myself and walked around with Emerson for a whole hour and a half! I really needed to purchase a new item of clothing (nursing bra) and needed some help figuring out what size I am. I'm just thankful for the  nice and helpful sales lady.

- I am exhausted! I don't know if I'm extra sleepy and tired from going out today, but I can tell you one thing for certain, I am ready to crawl under my covers and sleep for hours and hours. Emerson, please oh please be a peach and sleep well tonight so your mama can too :) really it's to you benefit. The more you let me sleep, the better I can take care of you. See? So that's why you need to sleep a lot tonight, mmmmk?

- happy Friday night!

0 comment(s):