Tuesday, January 25, 2011

mountains and piles and oodles and boodles

I washed clothes on Friday. Which happened to be a snow day. So Obviously I had oodles and boodles of spare time to do laundry, clean our disastrous house, wash the dishes, do homework, and and run 900 miles. Obviously I could do them all.

Well, as it would happen the only thing I could really check off my list was the homework (and even still it wasn't all done) and the laundry (which was only washed and shoved in the dryer). So really, what did I get done on my snow day? I could not tell you.

What I can tell you is that it took me five years to get the laundry I had washed on Friday folded and put away. And by the time it was put away I found that there was another mountain of dirty laundry that needed to be washed. But that's the cycle of laundry. At least I have a mountain of dirty clothes that I can wash...

Also, since I'm on a roll of giving you a real live update on how I'm doing, I figured I might as well also let you know that I haven't washed a single dish in ... ever. It's true. My sink is piled high with dirty dishes, as are my counters: disgusting. But in the grand scheme of things, what's a few dirty dishes? What's a pile high of laundry? What do these things matter? What are they to me? My sanity. That's what. I lost it the other day when I took the time to survey the disrepair of my once delightful home. I can't stand it. I can't take it. So, I did something about it... kind of... ten years later, like I said.

yep.

0 comment(s):