Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Evil Test and The End

So, I don't know if I ever told you this, but I passed. The Evil Test that is. The one that I had to go back and take another one of. The one that the first time I took it (though please don't be mistaken: I took the Evil Test Content and then Evil Test PLT - two completely different tests. I didn't retake the first -thank the Lord!) the girl forgot to turn her phone off (or leave it in her car) because she knew she would have to take an important call two and a half hours into the test ... and that would make her have to take the test again! ah! Anyways, yes. the Evil Test. I took it and passed it. Again, thank the Lord!

So, what this means is that I get to Student Teach this semester. I do. I actually started a week or so ago. 8th grade Language Arts. I can already tell you that I have forgotten Everything I learned in college (which is bad because I am going to have to teach everything I learned in college) and that I have forgotten half of the kids names. I am in week two of it (or week one according to my syllabus timeline) and am enjoying my second snow day. I like it. A lot.

This also means that I am going to have to start being an efficient time manager again. Making time to wash dishes, do the laundry, put the laundry away, make lunches, do homework, run (but you're gonna have to wait to hear about that one), and do everything else that I need to do. O my. Thankfully, I think I can do it. I hope. Thankfully I have a wonderful hubs who is ever so helpful so I don't have to do it all by my lonesome. And thankfully I have a cute puppy to come home to... o yes. o yes.

Let the semester begin.

2 comment(s):

yecnuahc said...

What are you gonna teach them for the first few weeks?

Hannah said...

I'm going to steal the teacher's lesson plans and teach them that :D and then hopefully I can think of something good on my own!