Friday, September 2, 2011

oh thank you

I Love it when people come up to me and say nice little things, compliments. You know? It makes me feel all pretty and happy and wonderful inside.

I got the complement of my life (or week) the other day while I was standing in the hallway as the kids went to their first period classes, keep in mind that it is 7:30 in the morning as they walk to their classes. A teacher walks past me and says, "You really look like you wish it was tomorrow (Friday)."

Translated: "You look like crap."

How sweet.

I mean, I know I make it a point to tell people when they look terrible and rotten. So, I'm glad the favor is returned.

... What am I supposed to look like at 7:30 in the morning in the middle of the week?! Bright eyed and cheery faced?

I think not. Maybe some people, but not me.

Anyhow. That's my little story. Have you ever gotten a backhanded compliment like that before? And when I say backhanded compliment I really don't mean compliment. Cause no matter how you say something like that ...

"You look terrible! Are you feeling sick?"

"No, actually, I feel really great. But thanks for telling me you think I look like doggy poopy."

... it isn't nice or sweet or kind or appreciated.

And that's really all I have to say about that :D


1 comment(s):

P! said...

Gosh, I hate those! Happens all the time... especially when you work at a salon, I find. "Oh, cute- I see you're going for that messy bed-head look today." Ummm... no, I'm not. Love it.