Monday, November 29, 2010

thanks thanks

In honor of Thanksgiving (a week ago) I thought I would make up a little list of things I am thankful for. They are in no particular order...

1. I have spices. Three whole spices. Salt, pepper and garlic salt. I know it's no basil or cardamom (not that I typically use cardamom) or any of the other usual spices I sprinkle and dash in my dinners, but they are spices just the same. Some flava for my foods : ) It really is amazing how much more you appreciate a little salt and pepper after going a month without them. But I didn't want to buy a little thing of salt and pepper when we have a huge container of them at home, and we when we have little shakers full of them that would be put to perfect use for us.

2. We have the cutest puppy in the whole wide world. I would post a picture at this point, but since I can't hook the camera up to this computer I can't upload my pictures, and thus can't post pictures to the blog.

3. We got to see family and friends for almost a whole long week.

4. I get to sleep in. It's very nice. I've been a little sad about not having anything to keep me busy (like a job) but after weeks and weeks of not having a job I've decided to just sleep. While I have the chance. And it's nice. So I have taken on the job of keeping up our little home more seriously than before. Sometimes I will even vacuum. It is nice. It's also nice because I know that I will not be able to enjoy this for much longer. ...cause you know I will be student teaching in the spring.

5. I have a yummy smelling house. It smells like pumpkins and cookies and cider and everything wonderfully delightful. I keep the candles lit all day long and it smells like home. I love it.

And there are lots of other things, but those are the top five. for now. Maybe later I will think of some more. Or maybe not. either way... there they are.

5.

0 comment(s):