Monday, January 7, 2013

34 weeks

 This week has been one of my favorites. I have so much enjoyed being on Christmas break. So much so that I just really don't want to go back to school. I loved being at home over break because I actually felt like a good wife. I got laundry done, that's right: washed, dried, folded, and put away all in the same day. I've kept our kitchen clean. No piles of dirty dishes on the counter or in the sink. I've baked treats. I've cooked real food for dinner, I had forgotten how much I missed making things that don't come out of a box. I've cleaned the bathrooms, and tidied up the office, and cleaned the other rooms. Gooseberry's room is all clean and as ready as it can be for the time being. I just really like being home. I can't wait until this little baby comes so I can stay home for a little while I learn how to be a wife and a mama. 

I'll just leave you all with a few highlights from this week: 

- I got so much done around the house! I don't know if it's because I was on break and had time or if it is because the nesting phase that I hear and read about it starting to set in. 

- Goosberry's booty (or head or elbow or foot or something...) seems quite comfy poking at my rib cage. I'm just happy one of us in comfortable. 

- We had a doctor's appointment this week. The doctor said everything looked good and his heartbeat was where it should be. She also said my belly was measuring right at 34 weeks (good!). I will also be having weekly doctor appointments from here on out. So soon!!! 

- My wonderful friends threw me a baby shower this weekend and I feel spoiled rotten. This little baby is going to be so very loved, he already is! I will share more about the shower later. 

- This coming Saturday we are having our second baby shower. I am so excited! I feel like after this shower we will finally be able to get Gooseberry's room ready and be ready for him to come any time (after of course I get everything put away and washed). 

- I am so grateful for this little baby and so wonderfully excited to meet him and welcome him into our home. Jesus has showered his blessings on us in so many ways. It really isn't very much longer! 

-


Anyhow. I hope you all had a happy Monday. 


0 comment(s):