Saturday, September 8, 2012

a happy treat

The weekends are some of the only times during the school year that I feel like I have a life. Mostly what that means is: I sleep in about an hour later than usual, make a yummy breakfast, clean up our house for the first time that week, do laundry, go grocery shopping, and take a nap (if I'm lucky). 

One of the highlights of my weekends is going to Target. Maybe that sounds silly, but I just love that store and just walking around the brightly light and squeaky clean aisles makes my heart happy. I don't get to go every weekend but I try and visit at least once a month when school is in session, to feel normal, you know? 

Anyhow. Today I got to go to Target. It's been a few weeks since I was last there. They had Halloween candy and costumes and decorations out. Last time I was there it was all back to school stuff. That's how long it's been (although, I do know that retail stores can put out new merchandise in a matter of hours, I've done it before). Anyhow. They had some fun new pretty fall stuff out. Oh, how I love Fall. It's my favorite season. But that's something I'll save for another time. If I remember :) 

So today I had a list of things I needed to get while I was there. Usually I don't have a list (or if I do I don't stick to it, kind of like what happened today), but today I did and it guided me through the store. As I was looking for one thing or another on my list I happened to get a glance of one of the most wonderful things in the store. And they had my name written all over it. I am not an impulse purchaser. I am not a decisive person. But when I saw these beauties, I picked them up immediately, put them in my cart, and walked off without a second thought. 
  

I got my feet a happy treat. 

See? Don't they have my name written all over them? They do. Don't worry, your eyesight just might be failing you at the moment :)

That's right y'all. Slippers. I don't know if you know about my deep love affair with slippers or not, but I have one. Again, that's something for another time, if I can remember :) 

Aren't these little piggies the absolute cutest and most wonderful slippers in the world? I mean, how can you not love slippers after seeing these little guys? I have been enjoying them all afternoon. Puppy is sniffing suspiciously, but I am loving them and forbidding Puppy from making them into his newest toy. 

Anyhow. That's all have for today. I just had to share a happy feet treat. Do you have something that makes you especially happy? Slippers anyone?

I hope you have a happy weekend! 



0 comment(s):