Friday, December 30, 2011

Chocolate kisses

Last night Puppy gave us quite the scare. Yep. He did.

I was upstairs reading, The Hubs was doing his breathing treatment (he has to be hooked up to a machine and blow on some plastic pipe looking thing. It takes about 30 minutes. ... he's not really hooked up to the machine, but he may as well be. He's got it all set up right in front of the computer, that way he won't be bored while he's practicing breathing... it's really noisy so he can't watch tv while he breaths. Anyhow, I'm sure that's more than you really cared to know about The Hubs and his illness, but since I'm the one writing... : ).

As I was reading I could hear The Puppy nibbling on something. I thought he was in the office with The Hubs chewing on his nice blue bone. He sounded like he was doing just fine and was as happy as could be. While I was reading I considered checking on The Puppy. But I knew he had to be fine since he was with The Hubs. He wasn't. Nope.

After The Hubs finished his breathing treatment I asked him what Puppy was doing. He said he didn't know.

Not good.

The Hubs was quick to look down and see that puppy was nibbling on something ... something that wasn't his bone, or hedgehog, or rope, or lion, or any of his toys. Nope. Not. None.

Kisses. Chocolate kisses. Chocolate that kills puppies.

Puppy seemed very happy with himself and seemed to be enjoying the kisses very much. Although, he did not really care for almonds that we're in some of the kisses. He ate around them. What a talented little pup.

After racing to his rescue and reaching down his throat to take all of the chocolate out (not that we could get any, he had eaten it all, of course. Although he did and leave the little foil wrappers on the couch. How he did that I do not know, again, talented little pup).

We were just really scared he was going to die from eating chocolate. The Hubs did some research and since puppy only ate seven kisses it wasn't enough to hurt him, thankfully :)

Anyhow, that's my puppy story.


0 comment(s):